Pages

Sunday 2 March 2014

Minecraft Birthday Party

I've mentioned how much I love taking my art classes at 4Cats Arts Studio. This year, I decided to have my birthday party there because they have a new Pixel Party, and I was the lucky person to have the first one. 

When we arrived, Messy Martha had already prepared the grid for the Creeper painting on a 36-inch square canvas. She had marked off where we were supposed to paint black. Each of us painted the section nearest to us. 



Then we used different shades, tones, and tints of green to randomly paint the rest of the squares. Every couple of minutes we switched colours so that we had lots of variety in our sections.



I can't wait to see the canvas when it's stretched. We are going to hang it my video game room.




Next, we all sculpted a creeper. A few of us made Minecraft Creepers, and some of my friends got creative and added mustaches, hats, horns, and tap dance shoes. One was a Hammer-head Creeper



While we ate, Martha added pins and then put the Creepers in a toaster oven. She made each one into a key chain that everyone was able to take with them.


After we enjoyed some pizza, we had cupcakes. My mom and I baked the cupcakes using this recipe. We added green frosting and used a different shade of icing to add grass. We added paper wrappers and Creeper faces that we printed from The Party Animal. We taped the faces to cake-pop sticks.



At the end of the party, everyone left with a goodie bag. My family had a lot of fun preparing them. After seeing lots of ideas on Pinterest, we went to the candy store and found candy to include in our goodie bags. I also made some Minecraft things out of Perler Beads and each of my friends got two of them.


Gold = Butter 'n Cream Candies
Diamonds = Hershey's Kisses (Cookies & Cream)
Gravel = Chocolate Pebbles
Redstone = Caramel Cups
Sticks = Pretzel Sticks
TNT = Mini M&Ms

Here's a close-up of the Perler Beads (the Enderman was upside down - oops!):



My mom used Photoshop to make the toppers to label the bags. She used the Minecrafter font to add the Minecraft name and what kind of candy was included. We folded and stapled them to  snack-size bags.



We also really like the name labels that we saw on a pinterest post, so we created our own in Photoshop. 



I loved everything about my Minecraft Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments section hasn't always been working. If your comment won't post, send me a tweet.