Pages

Sunday 21 September 2014

Sask Expo

When I found out that we were going to Sask Expo, I decided to make a few artist trading cards.







My favourite part of the Expo was the Artist Alley. Seeing the amazing artwork and getting the chance to talk to the artists was incredible.

Here's the advice that I received from all of the artists:

1. Draw EVERY day.

2. Keep drawing.

3. Practice, practice, practice. Look at artists you like and see what they're doing.

4. But, also be careful that you develop your own style.

George Gingras
It was cool talking to George Gingras because he is a Saskatchewan artist. He designed the poster for National Aboriginal Day 2012. Check out his website here.

Daniel Schneider
Daniel Schneider is an artist from Edmonton. He has comic art as well as great Western art. His horses are awesome! Check out is art at Smashed Head Studios.

Simon Roy
Simon Roy is an artist from Victoria, BC. He signed my copy of The Field. Check out his work here.

Marvin Mariano
Marvin Mariano's work is incredible. He has done art for everyone from Lego to DC Comics. He is a freelance artist, and I loved his Stewie Griffin art. Check out his website here.


Jim Su
I enjoyed talking to Jim Su about his work in VFX. He has worked on a lot of cool projects including Captain America: The Winter Soldier


Ed Brisson
Talking to Ed Brisson was neat because he is a comic book writer. It was cool to hear how he works with artists to come up with the stories for the comics. Check out his website here.


Wes Craig
I was really excited to meet Wes Craig and have him sign a comic of one of my favourite superheroes, Nightwing. He was a very cool guy and does a lot of comics for grown ups now. 


Michael Walsh
Michael Walsh and I talked about art, but we also talked about Legend of Zelda because he had drawn a scene inspired by the Queen Gohma boss battle (you can see it here). He now does the art for the new Marvel series, Secret Avengers.


Marcus To
Marcus To is from Toronto, and he has worked with DC and Marvel. He gave me a really good idea about taking a scene from a book that I really like and thinking about how I could tell the story through my drawings. Check out his website here.

I really enjoyed talking to the artists, and it was cool to get some of their artwork too! I am feeling very inspired, and I wish there were more hours in the day so I could draw even more than I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The comments section hasn't always been working. If your comment won't post, send me a tweet.